1. “We are almost there, it’s just one more hill”
2. “I’m never doing this again” -every hiker before they do it again
3. Oh yea you know what this beautiful day needs? Some SmokePurpp and trash everywhere.
4. I thought I was the only one! I was about to check myself in when I looked over the cliff and the thought of jumping over it immediately entered my head. Apparently it’s called ‘call of the void’.
5. Except for Colorado, where that’s all anyone talks about or does in their free time
6. I’m super guilty of saying “just over that next hill”. It is mostly lies, but eventually it becomes the truth. Also guilty of "it’s all downhill from here."
7. "Not all who wander are lost" fits too
8. We usually pass by them on our way down as they are headed up in the heat of the day. Yeah, not gunna make it.
9. Zion, Bridge to Nowhere and Ice House Canyon, I’m looking at you!
10. Still me after 10 years of hiking
11. I’m sure I’ll find enlightenment on the trail somewhere
12. There’s always goodies in that fanny pack
13. Pretty much how it goes
14. Valuable lessons were learned that day
15. ..Also me wondering why all this stuff is so expensive
16. That’s always the reason I’m lost in the woods
17. The map box isn’t actually empty. You got got cigarette butts, plastic bottle and a granola bar wrapper in it.
18. When you pinch one off real quick as you overhear some hikers above you on a cliff pondering where you are, only to startle them a minute later on the trail.
19. It will be fine….I’m just going to lay here, close my eyes and not move for a while.
20. Those Tetons get me every time.